Focus Workshop Slides 2015 March
Program of EBF Workshop “Optimizing the Pharma – CRO scientific interface in bioanalysis” March 12-13, 2015
PDF renditions of the powerpoint presentations can be viewed and downloaded from this page by clicking the specific point on the program.The program itself can be viewed and downloaded by clicking here
Thursday 12 March 2015
19:00 – 19:45 Appetizing presentations (5-8 minutes each)
- Welcome and introduction: why this workshop?
Philip Timmerman, Janssen R&D for EBF
- Challenges of today’s paradigm from an Pharma perspective with increasing outsourcing in earlier development
Matt Barfield, GlaxoSmithKline
- Challenges of today’s paradigm from a Pharma with full outsourcing
Cecilia Sparr Eskilsson, Leo Pharma A/S
- Challenges of today’s paradigm from a CRO perspective in support of Friday morning workshop: The Scientific challenge: who will be driving innovation in the future?
Clare Kingsley, LGC
- Challenges of today’s paradigm from a CRO perspective in support of Friday afternoon workshop: The changing business relationship: are contracts limiting scientific freedom?
Stuart McDougall, Covance
19:45 – 22:00 Working dinner:
- During dinner, we will split into small teams and prepare for the workshops.
Friday 13 March 2015
All presentations are 20 minutes, followed by a 10 min Q&A at the end of the session
08:30 – 09:00 Introduction and feedback from evening session
09:00 – 10:30 Morning Presentations: The scientific challenge
- Transfer of a Generic PK Assay to Different CROs: Challenges, Troubleshooting and Lessons Learned
Corinne Petit-Frère, F. Hoffmann La Roche
- Transfer and cross-validation of a pharmacokinetic (PK) assay across three different sites (Switzerland, UK, USA) (focus on Ligand binding Assays)
Robert Nelson, Novimmune
- Paving the way for pre-clinical Bioanalytical partnerships
Louise Angell, Covance
- Enhancing internal capabilities through strong CRO-Pharma partnership
Scott Summerfield, GlaxoSmithKline
11:00 – 12:00 Morning Workshop
- The Scientific challenge: who will be driving innovation in the future?
13:00 – 14:30 Afternoon Presentations: The changing business relationship
- New trend on Bioanalytical outsourcing: the Buyer’s Guide
Dominique Gouty, BioAgilytix
- Enhancing flexibility demands strong internal collaboration
Mila Vrančić, Leo Pharma A/S
- Evolutionary Outsourcing Models: Delivering Solutions through Partnership
Tammy Harter & Tony Parry, Covance & AstraZeneca
- Can Scientific Integrity Be Protected When Outsourcing Early Phase Bioanalysis?
Timothy Sangster, Charles River
14:45 – 15:45 Afternoon Workshop
- The changing business relationship: are contracts limiting scientific freedom?
15:45 – 16:00 Next steps: A renewed vision on partnership
16:00 Closing remarks and Adjourn